The Caason Group is looking for a dynamic and driven Assistant Finance & Admin Officer to join the team in Melbourne
Caason Group is a sophisticated investment group and private family office. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, with a global outlook.
Our passion for supporting innovation and sustainability is represented in our six main investment sectors: agriculture, exploration, mining and energy, environmental technologies, information technology, medical supply and telecommunications.
Due to business growth, our group is seeking for a talented and experienced Assistant Finance and Admin Officer who is passionate about implementing efficiencies and process improvements. Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this role plays a critical part in the month end closing and accounting functions of Caason Group.
• Assist in the timely preparation of the group’s financial reports.
• Manage banks and accounts reconciliation process in Xero
• Assist in the month-end processing, including analysis and preparation of balance sheet/P&L reconciliations and schedules.
• Assist in the inter-entity reconciliation, including fees and other on cost charges.
• Assist in managing accounts payable, establishing good rapport with suppliers and other external parties
• Assist in the annual budget preparation and cashflow forecasting
• Assist in identifying risks and opportunities for the group and preparation of variance analysis
• Assist in the preparation and lodgement of quarterly activity statements, SGC, etc.
• Assist with annual statutory financial statements and external audit queries.
• Assist in the preparation of R&D financials for relevant companies and providing responses to external accountant’s queries
• General administrative and office management tasks including answering phone calls, office supplies ordering, and mobile phone management
• Managing various archiving processes (such as filing, photocopying, scanning, archiving, printing, etc) and maintaining workpapers
• Ad hoc tasks as required (R&D, etc)
• Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Commerce degree or similar
• CPA or CA, or working towards either qualification
• 2+ years in similar accounting role
• Experience in R&D financials, reporting and claims – preferable
• Strong Xero background
• Advanced Skills in MS Office skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Full Australian workers rights
An attractive salary package, depending on experience and individual capacity will be made available to the successful candidate.
To apply for this position, please email your cv along with 3 references to email@example.com.
Preference will be given to those that supply a cover letter indicating why you would be suited for this role and an indication of expected salary.