Caason Group is a sophisticated investment group and private family office. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, with a global outlook.
Our passion for supporting innovation and sustainability is represented in our five main investment sectors: agriculture; exploration, mining and energy; environmental technologies; information technology; and telecommunications.
We work in the following areas:
We hold financial interests in over 20 companies – including Food, Fibre and Land International Group (FFLI); Woomera Mining (ASX: WML); Peppermint Innovations (ASX: PIL) and 5G Networks (ASX: 5GN) – and regularly look to expand our portfolio.
• Operation of Caason Group companies
Aileron Pastoral Holdings (APH) is a Northern Territory livestock cattle station that we purchased in 2014/15. We operate over 408,000 hectares and this land holding positions us as one of Australia’s largest private land owners.
HardRock Coal Mining (HRCM) is a mining innovator set to become Tasmania’s premier coal exporter that we established in 2011. We currently lease a 27,000 hectare site in the Fingal Valley from the Tasmanian Government.
• Innovation/R&D consultancy services
Our professional team has proven experience in taking initiatives from concept through to delivery. We support the design, planning and program management stages. We also offer R&D tax incentive compliance support.
• Capital raising
We regularly provide access to our extensive capital raising networks. We have led multiple Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) and support companies with further rounds of funding.
A brighter future for children in Cambodia
For over ten years the Astill family, through Caason, has been supporting children in rural communities in Cambodia.
Our commitment to supporting the Cambodian Buddhist Association for Vulnerable Children (CBAVC) continues today and helps the broader community in the Siem Reap (Ankhor Wat) Province.
Caason has supported CBAVC by funding:
- university scholarships
- the Establishment of a local school with an English education program for over 250 children
- sanitation projects, including clean water supplies for communities
- the building of homes and toilet blocks
- international promotion of the CBVAC and associated projects
- floating backpacks and school supplies, together with Save the Children Foundation
- the building of school kitchen facilities
- new laptops and a printer
- a 15 seater van